-Cut the meat into pieces
- Heat the oil in a saucepan
-Brown the meat on all sides
- Brown the onions
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to the boil.
Simmer until almost done. Place the vegetables, celery leaves, lettuce and dill in the saucepan.
- As soon as they are done, remove the saucepan from the heat and prepare the avgolemono sauce
- Separate the yolks from the whites of the eggs
- Squeeze the lemons
- Beat the egg yolks
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks
- Stir the yolks into the whites
- Add the lemon juice
- Gradually add the gravy from the saucepan, stirring constantly so that the egg does not curdle.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan
- Shake the saucepan so that the avgolemono sauce covers all of the meat evenly